SufficientForum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IP LAW is being voted on

3 posters

Go down

IP LAW is being voted on Empty IP LAW is being voted on

Post by Jaws Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm

"The PROTECT IP Act (PIPA) is a threatening sequel to last year's COICA Internet censorship bill that would—like its predecessor—invite Internet security risks, threaten online speech, and hamper Internet innovation. Urge your members of Congress to reject this dangerous bill!

Big media and its allies in Congress are billing the PROTECT IP Act as a new way to prevent online infringement. But innovation and free speech advocates know that PIPA is nothing more than a dangerous wish list that will compromise Internet security while doing little or nothing to encourage creative expression."
to help stop this law, go here.
https://secure.eff.org/site/Advocacy?cmd...ion&id=487
Jaws

Back to top Go down

IP LAW is being voted on Empty Re: IP LAW is being voted on

Post by Slasher Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:08 pm

This will not pass. There is someone in the senate (i think his name is wayen or something) who believes that by passing this act in will cripple education, evolving technology, and freedom. I don't think this will past. Thank god for that one guy.
Slasher
Slasher

Back to top Go down

Post by bam Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:09 pm

The right to privacy use to be an enormous priority. I guess not so much anymore.
bam
bam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum